Golden Jester Competition - Rules and Regs
We are taking new entries for 2014.
Our fantastic sponsors are:
and off course Magners Ciders
Click on the logo to find out more about their great bars and diners across the UK and Europe.
Prizes for 2014 are as follows:
Golden Jester Winner 2013 = £1,000 cash prize PLUS paid gigs with Great Comedy Nights and other promoters.
Four Golden Jester Runners Up each receive a £250 cash prize
Heats will be held at Belushis Bars in Greenwich, Covent Garden, London Bridge and Camden. Click on the place name for Belushi Bar details.
The simple entry rules/details for the competition are as follows:
1 The 'Golden Jester' is open to ALL types of comedy performer and will run throughout 2014.
2. Acts who have performed 'regular paid gigs' (i.e. more than half of their total gigs) during the past two years will not be considered as a new act. Please talk to us if in any doubt.
3. For the 1st Round Heats/Quarter Finals/Semi Finals, acts will be required to perform a MAXIMUM 5 minute set. YOU MUST BRING A MINIMUM OF ONE AUDIENCE MEMBER. No Exceptions
4. For the FINAL acts will be required to perform between a 5 to 6 minute set. You do not have to bring an audience member to the Final, although perhaps you will as you’re now in the Final !
5. For the 1st Round Heats/Quarter Finals/Semi-Finals judging will be solely decided by whole audience votes, via judging forms. All results will be published by e-mail to ensure TOTAL TRANSPARENCY. We are the only comedy competition that does this.
6. For the GRAND FINAL judging will be by a combination of audience votes, and a panel of respected comedy industry judges, promoters and sponsors.
7. All acts must be available for the GRAND FINAL in October 2014.
9. Any decisions made by ‘Great Comedy Nights’ are final and we reserve the right to amend the rules of the competition to suit the number of entrants.
10. Grand Final Winners of previous 'Golden Jester Competitions' run by 'Great Comedy Nights' will not be allowed to enter this competition.
Please contact us via the Contact Page if you would like to enter. You will then receive full booking details well before the heats start.
In the meantime 'just keep gigging'